Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Application

The 2018/19 Project Application Period is Open

2018-19 Project Applications Due November 17, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.

Applications are currently being accepted for the 2017-2018 Community Development Block Grant program year. If your organization has a program or project that qualifies for Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) funding, an application must be completed and returned to the City by Friday, November 17, 2017, at 3:00 p.m.

Federal regulations limit the different allowable activities that the City may undertake with CDBG funding. The City is expected to receive approximately $204,382 in funding. Fifteen percent (15%) or $30,657 can be allocated towards community public service programs/or projects. The remainder of funding or eighty-five percent (85%) or $173,725 may be allocated towards public improvements, economic development and rehabilitation projects.

To be eligible for CDBG funding, your program or project must meet the following three requirements:

  • CDBG Eligible Activity – acquisition of real property for an eligible use; acquisition, construction and rehabilitation of public facilities; demolition and clearance of deteriorated buildings; community services for low and moderate income households; removal of barriers that restrict the mobility of elderly or handicapped persons; special economic development activities.
  • CDBG National Objectives – (1) Project must principally serve low and moderate income persons; (2) Project must eliminate slum and blight, or (3) Project must address a recent and urgent health and safety need.
  • The Project must address the Community Development objectives the City proposes to pursue.

Groups/organizations requesting funding consideration under the City’s CDBG program must submit a completed application form for each proposed project. This application requires detailed and specific information about the proposal. The City will use this information to determine if the proposal is eligible for CDBG funding.

The City may conduct interviews with your organization to discuss your proposed project(s) and funding requests. The City of Diamond Bar will review all applications for funding at a City Council Public Hearing tentatively scheduled for Tuesday, December 19, 2017.

To obtain an application, please contact Stella Marquez, Administrative Coordinator, at 909.839.7030 or Diana Cho, CDBG Consultant, at 909.839.7030. All applications must be completed and returned to the City of Diamond Bar, 21810 Copley Drive, Diamond Bar, CA 91765 by Friday, November 17, 2017 at 3:00 p.m.

What is CDBG program? - The federally funded CDBG program was established by the Housing and Community Development Act of 1974.

Community Development