LONG TERM CLOSURE OF SR-60 (POMONA) WESTBOUND ON-RAMP AND TURN RESTRICTIONS FOR SR-60 WESTBOUND OFF-RAMP AT GRAND AVENUE STARTING NOVEMBER 18
WHEN: November 20 through February 2018
WHAT: (PROJECT AREA MAP)
- FULL long-term closure of westbound on-ramp at Grand Avenue
- RIGHT TURN ONLY restrictions for westbound off-ramp at Grand Avenue
WHY: Construction of new westbound on-ramp at Grand Avenue
- Traffic exiting westbound Grand Avenue off-ramp will be restricted to make right turns only onto northbound Grand Avenue towards Industry/Walnut. Traffic will NOT be permitted to make a left turn to travel towards Diamond Bar/Chino Hills.
- Traffic on southbound SR-57 (Orange) will be detoured at Sunset Crossing Road and will be directed to Diamond Bar Boulevard, Golden Springs Drive to Grand Avenue
- Traffic on westbound SR-60 (Pomona) will be detoured off the freeway at Diamond Bar Boulevard and will be directed to Golden Springs Drive to Grand Avenue
- Traffic on northbound Grand Avenue will be detoured to Golden Springs Drive to Brea Canyon Road to the westbound on-ramp
- Traffic on southbound Grand Avenue will be detoured to Baker Parkway to Brea Canyon Road to the westbound on-ramp
For real time freeway traffic information, please visit the Caltrans Quickmap: http://quickmap.dot.ca.gov/
For questions, contact the City’s Public Works Department at 909.839.7040 or email at email@example.com
About the project –
57/60 Confluence at Grand Avenue Project – The three phase project is designed to improve traffic operation on Grand Avenue from Golden Springs Drive to the interchange at SR-60 (Pomona), increase capacity at the Grand Avenue Interchange, improve traffic operation on the freeway mainline, reduce traffic weaving and increase weaving distance and improve safety.
Phase I - March 2016 - December 2018
Description: Construction of Grand Avenue westbound on-ramp, westbound auxiliary lane on SR60, and interim operation improvements at the Grand Avenue interchange.
Funding: $17.6 million ($8.8 million MTA grant and $8.8 million of local match funding)
Phase IIA - April 2018 - October 2019
Description: Construction of improvements on the arterial highways, including Grand Avenue south of the SR60 interchange, approximately 0.4 miles of Golden Springs Drive. Rebuilding of Grand Avenue and Golden Springs Drive intersection.
Funding: $16.8 million ($6.8 million MTA grant and $10 million of local match funding)
Phase IIB - November 2016 - July 2018
Description: Construction of a westbound off-ramp and an auxiliary lane to Grand Avenue.
Funding: $22.5 million ($10 million TIGER grant, $9.4 million MTA grant and $3.1 million of local match funding)
Phase III - September 2025 (estimated)
Description: Construction of freeway mainline improvements and bypass connectors.