How do I apply for a City job?
What are business license requirements?
Where is the Diamond Bar Library located?
Who paints house numbers on the curb?
What should and shouldn't go in the recycling cart?
Who do I call to report Red Ants?
How can I reserve a picnic shelter?
How do I report a fire hazard?
Where are the City Fire Stations locted?
What is the Home Improvement Program?
How do I report a possible code violation?
Where can I register to vote?
How do I request repair of a out street light?
Where is the Chamber of Commerce located?
When do City elections occur?
Garage and yard sales...what are the rules?
Does my dog have to be on a leash?
Is there an ordinance against leaving pet waste uncollected?
How do I find my polling place?
Who is responsible for picking up stray shopping carts?
1 2

Q: How do I apply for a City job?
A: Current employment opportunities are posted on the City's website as well as in the lobby of City Hall. Job listings are printed in local newspapers and professional journals, depending on the position to be filled. If you have any questions, please call City Hall during regular office hours at 909.839.7018.

The City of Diamond Bar offers employment opportunities to qualified candidates who meet the requirements for any posted position. Resumes are accepted, but must be accompanied by a City employment application. Positions cannot be applied for after the closing date for a particular job opening. The City will contact applicants selected for interviews after the specified closing date. Applicants not selected for an interview will be notified by mail concerning the status of their application.

Q: What are business license requirements?
A: All individuals and businesses doing work within city limits, whether or not they have a physical structure in the city, are required to have a business license. This includes contractors, internet and home-based businesses. Applications and renewals are processed at City Hall. Basic business license fee is $11 per year. Licenses requiring a one-time zoning clearance are $52.72, and an additional fee of $300 per individual requiring a background check as described below. All fees are due when application is submitted and are non-refundable and non-transferable.

Contact Information
Planning Division

Q: Where is the Diamond Bar Library located?

The Diamond Bar Public Library, which is operated by Los Angeles County, is located on the first floor of the City Hall building, 21800 Copley Drive.

The library is open from noon to 9pm, Monday through Thursday, and from 10am to 5pm on Friday and Saturday.

For more information about library services, please call 909.861.4978 or visit the library's website at

Q: Who paints house numbers on the curb?
A: The City of Diamond Bar will authorize one company to paint house numbers on the curb throughout the entire City every few years. The company selected by the City will always have an authorization from the City on the paperwork that is given to residents.

Periodically, companies which have not been contracted by the City, or obtained the proper permits, will canvass the City and charge residents to paint their house number on the curb. Many times, this results in the resident being charged anywhere from $10 to $40 for work that is of poor quality or incorrect. Often times, if the resident doesn’t pay for the service, the company will deface the curb by scratching off the paint or applying black paint over the numbers.

In an effort to combat this type of scam and protect its citizens, the City of Diamond Bar is working with the Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department to identify and prosecute any non-permitted companies performing this type of scam. The City is also implementing a public awareness campaign to notify the community of these types of issues.

Residents who have any information about curb painting companies performing work in the City of Diamond Bar without a permit, or would like to confirm a company’s claim that they are permitted by the City, are encouraged to call the City of Diamond Bar Public Works Department at 909.839.7040.

Q: What should and shouldn't go in the recycling cart?

As a general rule, most paper and cardboard, metals, glass, and plastics are acceptable and should be placed in your recycling cart. Following is Waste Management’s “Do’s and Don’ts” guide to recycling:

Paper and Cardboard


  • Corrugated cardboard (boxes)
  • Magazines
  • Office paper (all colors)
  • Newspapers
  • Paperboard (cereal boxes)
  • Paper cardboard dairy/juice cartons
  • Unsolicited direct mail (even window envelopes are okay)
  • Phone books


  • Waxed paper
  • Food-contaminated paper (such as a cheese-encrusted pizza box)
  • Mixed metal and paper (paper must be free of staples to be recycled)



  • Aluminum cans
  • Foil and aluminum bakeware
  • Steel cans and tins (soup cans, veggie cans, coffee cans, etc.)
  • Wire coat hangers
  • Empty aerosol cans


  • Automotive parts
  • Plumbing parts
  • Paint cans with wet or dried-on paint
  • Electronics



  • Clear glass (mayonnaise containers, pasta sauces, pickle jars, etc.)
  • Brown amber glass typically used for beer
  • Green bottles typically used for wine


  • Any glass contaminated with stones, dirt and food waste
  • Ceramics, such as dishware, ovenware, and decorative items
  • Heat-resistant glass, such as Pyrex
  • Mixed colors of broken glass
  • Mirror or window glass
  • Metal or plastic caps, corks or lids
  • Crystal
  • Light bulbs
  • Cathode-ray tubes

All plastics #1 through #7, including Styrofoam, are acceptable and should be placed in your recycling cart.

Also, it's important to note that while WM asks that recyclables not be full of food or other product, washing them out is not necessary or recommended as it wastes our valuable water resources; recyclables are cleaned out with a chemical/water solution during processing.

For more recycling-related information, contact the City’s Environmental Services Division at 909.839.7035.


Q: Who do I call to report Red Ants?
Be wary of RIFA mounds - Most people would agree that ants are pesky insects that interfere with outdoor activities, like picnicking, gardening, or simply spending time with family and friends.

But it’s a particular type of ant – the Red Imported Fire Ants (RIFA) – that may be more of a concern than a nuisance.

RIFA are 1/8” to ¼” in length and have a red colored heads and thoraces and black abdomens. They are very aggressive by nature and will repeatedly sting anything that disturbs them or their colony. Though not usually life threatening, RIFA stings are known to cause a burning sensation and become easily infected. They may cause complications for individuals who are hypersensitive to the venom.

To help reduce the chance of being stung, wear closed-toed shoes and gloves when gardening; teach children in your household about fire ants and their potential hazards.

Fire ant mounds can reach 18 inches in height and are similar to gopher mounds, except soil deposited is of finer texture.

Suspicious mounds on private property should be reported to local County Agricultural Commissioner’s Office by calling 626.575.4251; while those located in local parks should be reported to the City’s Community Services Department at 909.839.7060. Additional RIFA information can be obtained by visiting

Q: How can I reserve a picnic shelter?

Park Picnic Area Reservations
All parks have picnic areas and shelters for public use for picnics, birthday parties, reunions, or other types of get-togethers. Picnic areas and shelters have a compliment of tables and barbecue grills and can accommodate parties from 25 to 150 people.

Picnic areas and shelters are reserved on a first come, first-served basis. Anyone who would like to reserve a picnic facility must submit an "Application for Use of City Picnic Areas" along with an application fee of $25 for a Diamond Bar resident and $50 for a non-resident. For groups of 30-100 people a $50 refundable security deposit is required. For groups of 101 or more, a $200 refundable security deposit is necessary.You may rent a "bouncer" for a park with a $50 refundable security deposit Any group of 50 or more must compy with liability insurance requirements.

 To reserve a picnic facility, or for more information, call 909.839.7070.

Q: How do I report a fire hazard?

If you spot a potential fire hazard or other hazardous condition in the City of Diamond Bar that is not an emergency, please contact the Los Angeles County Fire Department at 909.629.9671.  All potential hazards will be investigated by the Fire Department.  If, in the opinion of the investigating officer, the information is found to be a true hazard, it will be referred to the proper agency to be resolved.

When you call, please be prepared to report the exact nature and location of the hazard.



Q: Where are the City Fire Stations locted?

The City of Diamond Bar contracts with the Los Angeles County Fire Department for all of its fire and emergency medical service needs. In the event that you or a family member requires immediate emergency services from the Fire Department, dial 911.

the Los Angeles County Fire Department has three fire stations in the city staffed with career firefighting personnel who are trained to provide you with the highest level of fire and rescue assistance.  These services are paid for through local taxes, and dedicated to the citizens of Diamond Bar.

Fire stations are strategically located throughout Diamond Bar to provide quick assistance to area residents.  Each fire station operates within a specific district that comprises the immediate geographical area around the station.

The locations of Diamond Bar fire stations are:

Station 119, 20480 Pathfinder Road
Station 120, 1051 S. Grand Ave
Station 121, 346 Armitos Place

for more information about the emergency and non-emergency services provided by the LA County Fire Department, visit any one of the three Diamond Bar fire stations, or call 909.629.9671.

Q: What is the Home Improvement Program?

The City of Diamond Bar offers the Home Improvement Program to qualified low-and moderate-income homeowners to rehabilitate their residences.Qualified homeowners may utilize the funds to repair hazardous structural conditions, make modifications necessary to provide handicapped accessibility, make exterior repairs to improve the appearance of the home, and correct Municipal Code violations. To receive more information, or to apply for, the Home Improvement Program, you may submit an online Request for Service, or contact the Community and Development Department.

The City also works in conjunction with Los Angeles County to provide residents three home assistance programs: the Home Ownership Program; the Mortgage Credit Certificate Program; and the Single-Family Rehabilitation Program. All applicants must reside in Diamond Bar and be U.S. citizens or registered aliens to participate. Some programs have additional requirements.

For information about the Home Ownership Program, contact the "HOP" Line at (323) 890-7281.

For information regarding the Mortgage Credit Certificate Program, contact the County of Los Angeles at (323) 890-7033.

To inquire about the Single-Family Rehabilitation program, contact the County of Los Angeles at (323) 890-7242.

Funds for these programs are available annually, and are distributed on a first-come,basis.

If you would like to submit a request for service on this topic click here.


Q: How do I report a possible code violation?

The City of Diamond Bar's Neighborhood Improvement and Building and Safety Division inspects all structures suspected of code violations to insure compliance, and it directs the code enforcement staff to issue notices of violation to owners. Structures may be in violation due to a number of reasons including building without permits, poor structural integrity, unsafe property site conditions, and the open storage of junk. If a violation is detected, a letter will be sent to the property owner requesting compliance so that fines and/or criminal punishment can be avoided.

If you wish to report a possible code violation, you may send an email to

Q: Where can I register to vote?
A: You can register to vote by picking up a registration for from a number of places including Diamond Bar City Hall, the Diamond Bar Public Library, the Department of Motor Vehicles, and the Untied States Post Office. For more information, please click here.
Q: How do I request repair of a out street light?
A: All streetlights within the City are property of Southern California Edison. You can report an inoperable street light by calling the City's Public Works Department at 909.839.7040 or by calling Souther California Edison at 800.655.4555 or via their website at
Q: Where is the Chamber of Commerce located?
A: The Regional Chamber of Commerce of San Gabriel Valley is an independent, non-profit organization created to support the business interests of the community, and to provide business-related services and information to the residents and visitors of eastern San Gabriel Valley. Offices are open between 8am and 5pm Monday through Friday and are located at 19720 E. Walnut Drive South, Walnut, CA 91789.

For more information about services and programs that the Chamber of Commerce offers, please call 909.869.0701.
Q: When do City elections occur?
A: Elections for Diamond Bar City Council members are regularly scheduled during the month of November for odd-numbered years. Any United States citizen may run for the Diamond Bar City Council as long as he or she is registered to vote in Diamond Bar. Council members are elected for terms of four years.

For more information, contact the City Clerk's Office at 909.839.7010 or click here.

Q: Garage and yard sales...what are the rules?
A: Permits for garage or yard sales are not required, but residents are asked to hold no more than two per year. Advertising signs may not be posted in the public right-of-way (for example on street signs, street trees, traffic signals, streetlight poles, or inside road medians). Residents may advertise through local publications or by asking neighbors to post signs on their private property. Signs shall not exceed three square feet in area and may only be displayed during the time of the sale. The signs shall be promptly removed at the end of the sale.
Q: Does my dog have to be on a leash?
A: The Diamond Bar City Code #6.20.010 requires that all dogs be under the full control of their owners or custodians and restrained by a leash, not to exceed six feet in length. If unleashed, dogs must be confined to their owner's property at all times. Please note that dogs may not be tied up on public property.

Dogs roaming free are in violation of the Diamond Bar City Code and are subject to impoundment by the Inland Valley Humane Society. Owners of dogs who have been impounded may receive a summons and/or a fine. To report a dog that is running loose, call the Inland Valley Humane Society at 909.623.9777
Q: Is there an ordinance against leaving pet waste uncollected?
A: Failing to pick up and properly dispose of pet waste in Diamond Bar public areas is unsightly, unsanitary, and a violation of the City's Municipal Code - Section 6.00.090.

Part of being a responsible pet owner means ensuring your animal's activities do not interfere with your community or the environment. When taking your pet for a walk in a public area such as a park or neighborhood street , make sure you are prepared to pick up any litter left by your pet.

Responsible pet ownership on your part will keep your city looking clean and prevent the spreading of diseases caused by bacteria and parasites found in pet waste.
Q: How do I find my polling place?
A: The City of Diamond Bar contracts with the Los Angeles County Registrar-Recorder/County Clerk for selection of polling places and workers. Registered voters will receive a sample ballot a few weeks before the election that will provide the polling location, date, and time. Polls are open between the hours of 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. If you are unsure of when and where you vote, or if you would like more information, call the Diamond Bar City Clerk's office at 909.839.7010
Q: Who is responsible for picking up stray shopping carts?
A: Shopping carts are private property and provided to shoppers as a customer service. Removing them from their respective store parking lot is illegal.Also, carts left on sidewalks or streets create visual blight and pose hazards to motorists, pedestrians, and bicyclists. This makes them a violation of 12.04.140 of the City's Municipal Code that prohibits encroachment within public streets and sidewalks.Report stray shopping carts directly to the shopping centers or stores they belong to.
1 2